There are numerous steps in the website design and development process. From gathering initial information, to the creation of your web site, and finally to maintenance to keep your website up to date and current. In Tees-solutions and consulting the basic phases of website design and development process are;
- Information Gathering: Our first step in designing a successful website is to gather information. This first step is actually the most important one, as it involves a solid understanding of the company it is created for. It involves a good understanding of you and your business goals, and how the web can be utilized to help you achieve those goals. To help us understand our clients, our experts ask few questions. These questions;
• Purpose of the Website: The type of website you desire?
• Goals of the website: What do you want to accomplish with the website; to make money or share information?
• Target Audience: The ideal person you want to visit your website. Considering their age, sex or interests. This will later help determine the best design style for your website.
• Content : What kind of information will the target audience be looking for on your website? Are they looking for specific information, a particular product or service, online ordering?
- Planning: Using the information gathered from phase one, it is time to put together a plan for your website. This is the point where a site map is developed. The site map is a list of all main topic areas of the website, as well as sub-topics, if applicable. This serves as a guide as to what content will be on the website, and is essential to developing a consistent, easy to understand navigational system. During the planning phase, our expert will also help you decide what technologies should be implemented.
- Design: At Design phase the look and feel of the website is determined based on the information gathered from the above phases. Elements such as the company logo or colors are integrated to help strengthen the identity of your company on the website. When this phase is completed you will be giving access to a secure area to view work in progress on the website and to give permission to proceed to the next phase.
- Development: The developmental stage is the point where the website itself is developed. At this time, our web designer will take all of the individual graphic elements from the design phase and translate them into an actual, functional website. This is typically done by first developing the website template that carries the above look and feel, navigational structures, specific modules and positions etc. Once the template has been created, our web designer will create the home page and few subpages, fill them with content ( text, images, videos etc) and make it available for viewing so that our clients can make any additional changes and corrections.
- Testing and Deployment: At this phase, proper quality assurance is carried out by our project manager. It involves testing the complete functionality of the website, forms or scripts, testing for compatibility issues (viewing differences between different web browsers), ensuring that your website is optimized to be viewed properly in the most recent browser versions, checking spellings and corrections, testing for responsiveness (mobile compatibility) just to mention but a few. This phase helps to ensure that your website codes are valid which means that your website meet the current web development standards. Once we get the final approval from our client, the website is deployed to the webserver and tested to ensure it fully functional. This marks the official launch of your website, as it is now viewable to the public.
- Maintenance: This is the last phase of our website design and development process. It involves routing update of the website components, regular update of website content, making changes, fixing broken links, regular backup, resolving issues concerning email and password, additional plugin installation etc. One way to keep bringing visitors to your website is to offer new content or products on a regular basis. We will be happy to continue working together with you, to update the information on your website.
We offer maintenance packages at reduced rates, based on how often you anticipate making changes or additions to your website. Based on the above, would you want us to use our website design and development process on your desired website? Talk to us let’s get you started.